The goal of this article is to help you understand why businesses turn to IT asset management software, and what are some of the key benefits associated with the use of IT management software solutions. The article also introduces several popular IT asset management solutions, including Network Inventory Advisor, a professional IT inventory management software and licenses compliance auditing solution.
IT asset management software solutions help answer the following questions:
- What IT assets do we own?
- How are our existing IT assets being used?
- How are our existing IT assets distributed and by whom they are used?
- Do we comply with regulations and software license agreements?
- How many software licenses are in use and how many remain unused?
- How should we plan our future hardware and software purchases?
In its simplest form, IT asset management software has only the most basic inventory features. Assets are entered manually, which can be time-consuming and lead to errors and inaccuracies.
Virtually all modern IT asset management software products feature automatic network discovery capabilities and sophisticated reporting tools, among many other things.