Networks can be tricky. These quick hints will help:
- 01. I can’t get any WMI data from the remote asset
- 02. Where can I get the needed redistributable packages to install WMI core?
- 03. How can I configure Windows 9x/Me for successful network inventory?
- 04. Why can’t I run network inventory from Windows 2003?
- 05. Does Network Inventory Advisor export data into MDB (MS Access)?
- 06. How can I enable remote administration in Windows XP / Vista / 2008?
- 07. How can I grant DCOM “Remote Launch” permissions in Windows XP / Windows 2008?
- 08. How can I open the DCOM port for access in Windows XP / Vista / 2008 Firewall?
- 09. How can I add programs to Windows Firewall Exceptions list in Windows XP / Vista / 2008?
- 10. Sometimes when scanning remote assets or localhost I get “Unknown error 0x80041001”
- 11. I’m getting 0x80041013 (“Provider not found”) or 0x80041014 (“Component failed to initialize”) error
- 12. Scanning results in “Unknown error 0x80041003”, what can be done?
- 13. Usernames are collected on Win 2000/XP machines, but not on Windows 98. What’s the reason?
- 14. Inventorying domain results in “Access Denied” message, still the login details are definitely OK.
- 15. I noticed that something is actually installed on remote nodes, is Network Inventory Advisor truly agent-free?
- 16. Is it after all secure to install Network Inventory Advisor is my client’s environment?
.updated: September 28, 2016 author: